Thank you to everybody who attended Charity Series of Poker Event #17 during the Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open (SHRPO) in South Florida. The tournament set a CSOP attendance record with 384 entries, and set a CSOP SHRPO record of $177,000 raised for the Conine Clubhouse at the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital (surpassed the previous record of $145,000).
The CSOP joined forces with the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino for the seventh annual Jeff Conine Charity Poker Classic to raise money for the Conine Clubhouse, which serves as a “home away from home” for families of children receiving medical care at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. Families can stay free of charge (based on availability) in a comfortable and nurturing environment.
Among those in attendances were Florida Panthers goalie Roberto Luongo, legendary Miami Dolphins wide receiver Mark Duper, and of course Jeff Conine, a two-time MLB All-Star and World Series champion two times over). Likewise, poker pros like former WSOP champs Scott Blumstein and John Cynn, 2018 WSOP Main Event runner-up Tony Mile, and reigning WSOP Ladies Event champion Jessica Dawley were all in action.
Mike Leah and Chance Kornuth split a $1,000 bonus for having each bought in the most times with four entries each, while Maria Ho also earned a $1,000 bonus for finishing with the chip lead at the first break. Ho donated the entire bonus back to the Conine Clubhouse charity.
In the end, local player Randall Fernandez emerged victorious to capture a $5,000 top prize plus a seat into the $5,250 SHRPO Championship.
“I came here to have fun and support the charity, but I still tried to play good poker,” Fernandez said. “It’s awesome. Everything, the whole setup, their structures. Everything is great here.”
We are grateful for our sponsors including Calder Casino, PNC, Amalfi Trading, The Berman Law Group, Memorial Hospital Miramar, American Ambulance Florida, Morgan Stanley, Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc., Memorial Healthcare System, TRA, White Claw Hard Seltzer, and several local businesses who made $10,000 donations.
Want to help the Conine Clubhouse at the Joe Dimaggio Children’s Hospital but can’t make it to an event? You can still donate by clicking on this link.
- Randall Fernandez – $5,000 plus $5,250 SHRPO Championship seat
- Johnny Pham – $2,000 plus Hard Rock Atlantic City Vacation Package
- Marlo McCloskey – $1,500 plus Party Like a Rock Star Package
- Peter Shapiro – $1,150 plus WSOP Circuit Coco Main Event Seat
- Brittney Barnes – $950 plus $1,100 SHRPO Big 4 seat
- Tim Reilly – $850 plus Party Like a Rock Star Package
- Lisa Costello – $750 plus Stay Like a Rock Star Vacation Package
- Lexy Gavin – $700 plus Stay Like a Rock Star Vacation Package
- Julio Marines – $650 plus Rock Spa Package
- Wilson Dondo – $600 plus Rock Spa Package